Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mini Book Review

I wrote real reviews in my salary-earning days. Those you'll find here will just be little nutshells meant to give you a quick overview, with a hefty dose of my opinion, of course.

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN? A Rational Response to the Climate Change Debate, by Greg Craven. Penguin/Perigee $14.95
Packaged looking compostable in newsprint-looking paper, this 210 page book delivers its promise. It's as down to earth as it looks, with a sensible tone welcome on this often emotional issue. Craven is a high school teacher and it shows. Which is a compliment. When I wrote my small book, In Your Hands, a Citizens guide to the Arms Race in the 80s, I geared it to a high school audience and it sold all over the world. Craven's work is supremely accessible. I hope all teachers of the subject will use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment